Thursday, August 6, 2009

Curry

This is from "Natural Foods Cookbook" by Maxine Atwater. I bought it for $.50 at a library book sale on Sat.

Curry

1 apple, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 T corn germ oil (I didn’t have this, sub. other oil)
1 T wholewheat flour
1 T curry powder
1 c cream (I used half&half)

Saute apple and onion over low heat in oil until soft but not brown.
Mix in flour and curry powder. Add cream and stir until thickened.
Serve over long grain brown rice or over vegetables and garbanzo beans.
Serve some or all of the following condiments which each guest can add himself:
raisins and mangoes
peanuts
sprouted fenugreek seeds
hard cooked egges
grated fresh coconut
toasted sunflower seeds
fennel seeds
sesame seeds

For those who don’t like curry hot, serve a bowl of yogurt to cool things down. Serves 4-6. (for me it wasn’t hot at all, and only served 3 people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors